On the last night of our bible study we all decided to bring food in and enjoy dinner together. Of course some of my favorites from the evening were dessert related....... go figure. With the exception of this one, it's a healthy alternative to salsa. Christy made a Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon chips and it was to die for. I seriously wanted to take the bowl with a large spoon and just eat it that way. But didn't figure that would be a good idea seeing as my bible study we just finished was about discipline and self control with food..... So against my stomach's wants I ate this with a few of the chips. I wanted to share this recipe with you all especially with the weather getting hot, this is a great hot afternoon snack which might even be better if it were mixed with an adult fruity/frozen beverage of some sort.... Or even with a cold diet coke would bring you pleasure too. I'll share some of the other recipes with you guys later. But for now here you go.... Enjoy!
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
Ingredients for Salsa:
2 kiwis, peeled and diced into small pieces
8 ounces of raspberries, pulled apart into slightly smaller pieces
1 pound of strawberries, diced into small pieces
1 tablespoon of white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of preserves (I used Polaner's All Fruit apricots, but you can vary this)
2 Fuji apples, peeled and diced into small pieces (do this after everything else is mixed to avoid browning)
Directions for Salsa:
Prepare all fruit, except for the apples. Combine the fruits, sugars and preserves in a large bowl. Last, peel and dice apples and add to mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes. (I did this a couple of hours before serving, and it worked well)
Ingredients for Chips:
20 (10 inch) flour tortillas
Butter-flavored cooking spray
Cinnamon sugar (I used a ratio of 1 cup sugar to 1 tsp cinnamon)
Directions for Chips:
Preheat over to 350 degree. Lightly spray one side of tortilla, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar, and slice with a pizza cutter into triangles. Place in a single layer on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes (or longer depending on your pan) until they just begin to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. They will harden as they cool. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Store in an airtight container.
For healthy alternatives use 1 tsp of brown sugar and whole wheat tortillas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
mmmm, sounds good. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment