5.20.2009

May Showers Brings Floods

As of this past weekend Jacksonville hadn't had rain in over 25 days. Thank the Lord that is now over and it's been raining since Sunday. The state of FL had over 200 wild fires burning due to our extremely dry conditions. And our entire state is getting the kind of rain we are thanks to a low pressure system from the south and a high pressure sytem from the north met in the middle and we are in the middle of a 'Nor Eastern. Seems like hurricane season has started early for us because of the rain and winds we are having. So even though it's been raining 4 days straight I'll take it. It will lighten up some but I don't think it's stopped raining since Sunday night. The only difficult part for me about the rain is I have one dog who is smart enough to stand under the tree and do her biziness but the other stands on the concrete with her ears pinned back making her look like a lamb. We run out there and have to literally push her off into the yard; which I'm now calling Lake Savery.

And I know I'm a dork but I love it when our yard floods and even more I love it when the family farm floods. So I've been on a quest taking pictures today of our yard and the farm.... I know start the cartwheels now this is exciting stuff people.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Those captions over your dogs were crackin me up.. I miss our farm - I'm so ready to come home :(

Kimberly said...

I can't believe Grandma's deck!!