I won't tell you the words that soon followed after seeing that not so pretty picture of my throat. Hey it was late/early, whatever, and I knew that meant I was going to be out of commission for what was supposed to be a fun weekend. I tossed/turned for the rest of the morning until I woke up at 7:30 and decided to throw on some clothes and head up to Solantic that opened at 8 AM. Apparently I wasn't the only one in need of Solantic, there were 6 of us in the waiting room by 8:10 AM. Even though I was number 3 in line it still took over an hour an half for a doctor to look at me and write out my prescription.
Here's my favorite line of the morning, from the doctor "well the good news is it's not strep".... Well if that's good news - what's the bad news me - oh yeah the bad news is you are not a good doctor! I have a fever, the chills, and a rather large white bump on the back of my throat. All indications point to strep because I don't just get random white bumps on the back of my throat. I hate to tell you but the 10 minute strep test you ran on me is wrong and I bet if you sent it off for an overnight culture it would tell a different story. But who am I to tell you how to do your job. Can you tell the bitterness was kicking in yet? I was not a happy camper after sitting in this small exam room freezing, I had the chills, I couldn't swallow and I waited on him for 1 hr and 15 min to tell me his 'good' news. So he prescribed me a Z-pack because it was clear I had something angry in my body (ya think) and a prescription for what he called Magic Mouth wash - which by the way is NOT very magic. It was supposed to numb my throat and help with the swelling which it did not. I had better luck with Chloraseptic throat spray.
Needless to say Michael wasn't happy about me missing the wedding. Something dumb came out of his mouth about how I should have come home earlier Friday night and taken Nyquil because then I wouldn't have gotten strep. Did ya'll know Nyquil scared off strep? Guess I learn something new everyday.
Anyway - so to the funny part of this whole thing is how justice sometimes comes in places you don't expect. Re read paragraph above about how someone was mad at me for missing his friends wedding. Well that night he did return in a more pleasant mood and I asked him to heat up some soup for me because I hadn't eaten all day. So he did heat up some chicken noodle for me. And while I was eating he started heating up his own baked potato soup. He had covered it with a paper towel so it wouldn't splatter in the microwave but when he removed the paper towel and went to stir his up it popped and a hot glob of it hit him right in the eye. To which he dropped like a sack of potatoes (no pun intended) to the kitchen floor and dropping his spoon with him. Well both dogs went running but I found them more interested in his spoon and the bits of soup that had jumped out of the bowl and onto the ground and on him. Ya'll I tried not to laugh at him rolling around saying his eyeball was on fire and he had 3rd degree burns. But I couldn't stop myself. But it hurt to laugh too... but I just couldn't stop. It was about the funniest thing I had seen all day. Even more ironic - the rest of the soup was COLD!! So he had to continue heating it up which made him a little head shy so he used the microwave door as his shield.
Morale of the story - don't get mad at your sick wife!

4 comments:
LOL OMG! That ws so freakin hilarious! I so needed that this morning. I bet Michael hasn't learned his lesson to be nice to you ALWAYS!!! ;) Hope your feeling better!
NEVER EVER EVER Get mad at your sick wife.......LOL
I think my Hunk has learned this lesson too.
Too funny girl!
Mommas Soapbox
Haha! Too funny! :-)
Hope you are feeling better!
Thanks for taking the time to share your view with us... Sounds like fun..
Post a Comment