On Saturday Sept 26th, (yes I know I'm behind) the First Coast Hunter Jumper Association held their annual show and silent auction and all proceeds went to Hope Therapy. Three of the patients from Hope Therapy were able to participate in a demonstration class. The girls had to show the judge how they steer the horse around cones and played a ring toss game. The judge was so sweet and gave each participant a first place ribbon and trophy. It was really cool to see how our patients were so excited to be apart of the show.
There are also pictures from other random riders during flat classes and jumping; which I use to do both as a kid. A flat class is where they walk, trot, canter and jumping is just that - horse and rider jumping. Being at this show just makes me miss that part of my childhood so much more. Maybe one day it will be something I can do again; after all several participants in the show were over age 55.... so there is hope for me yet.
Hope Therapy patients in the demonstration class.
They were to demonstrate to the judge two of the things we do during our therapy sessions.








No comments:
Post a Comment