On Thursday we drove to Annapolis and walked around and did some shopping. Annapolis reminds me of Fernandina a little bit but only with hot military men, so it's a little better. But it has quaint little restaurants and cute little shops to walk around in. Of course they have 3 ice cream places within 2 blocks so really you can't go wrong.
Friday we did errands around town getting ready for her birthday party on Saturday, which was a Twilight theme or vampires for those who don't know what Twilight is. Don't worry if you don't because I didn't either and since I haven't read the books or seen the movies because well vampires just really don't do anything for me I was made fun of the whole weekend. But you know I'm okay with that because I'm a better person for not giving in and for not knowing - at least that's what I told LAGS. Besides there were a few of her other friends who haven't seen it so when they showed up on Saturday to the party the poking was all back on her. My high school friend/college roommate Liz also lives up in MD, in a town LAGS actually grew up so I got to see her for a little while on Friday too. She just had a new baby on July 3rd, William Daniel, and I still hadn't met her other son Jacob who is 2 1/2. So it was great seeing her. We did take one picture while I was there but of course I was trying to be cool with the new fixed lens and the picture came out blurry. So much for being cool when all the pictures come out blurry because I really have no idea what I'm doing.
Anyway - Saturday was decorating day and secret mission day with our friend Dawn, her daughter Sophia, and Jane to get LAGS a gift for her birthday. She loooooooooves trees so Dawn called Lowe's and they said they had Magnolia trees in and that's what we wanted to get her. Well we get to Lowe's and NO Magnolia trees - they lied to us........ jerks! So mission was aborted and we went to Chic-Fil-A instead. Then Saturday night was the party which was a lot of fun with the vampire themed desserts and karaoke. Then Sunday I flew home on Southwest who I had claimed not 24 hours before never had airplane problems and it didn't bother me that Carl was reading a story of another plane issue in France. Only to find out that two SWA flights on the Monday and Tuesday after I got home had to make emergency landings. So much for that track record.
Okay enough rambling and boring you with words - I'm now going to bore you with pictures.




No comments:
Post a Comment